International Day of Women and Girls in Science, 11. F. Innovate. Demonstrate. Elevate. Advance. Sustain.
This year, the International Day of Women and Girls in Science (IDWGIS) focus on the role of Women and Girls and Science as relates to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The ‘IDWGIS’ aims to connect the International Community to Women and Girls in Science, strengthening the ties between science, policy, and society for strategies oriented towards the future.
And our project begins its path today!
SEND US YOUR PROPOSALS
Follow US on social networks!!
International Day of Women and Girls in Science, 11 February
A significant gender gap has persisted throughout the years at all levels of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) disciplines all over the world. Even though women have made tremendous progress towards increasing their participation in higher education, they are still under-represented in these fields.
Gender equality has always been a core issue for the United Nations. Gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls will make a crucial contribution not only to economic development of the world, but to progress across all the goals and targets of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, as well.
On 14 March 2011, the Commission on the Status of Women adopted a report at its fifty-fifth session, with agreed conclusions on access and participation of women and girls in education, training and science and technology, and for the promotion of women’s equal access to full employment and decent work.
On 20 December 2013, the General Assembly adopted a resolution on science, technology and innovation for development, in which it recognized that full and equal access to and participation in science, technology and innovation for women and girls of all ages is imperative for achieving gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls.
Have a good day!
BasqueLand: International Day of Women and Girls in Science:
In the Basque Country, 12,497 women work in R&D, equivalent to 37.2% of the total number of people in this field
- EHU-UPV / Basque University
11 de Febrero. Día Internacional de la Mujer y la Niña en la Ciencia
- Deusto University
Deusto se suma al Emakumeak Zientzian, un proyecto que quiere hacer visible la actividad de las mujeres en la ciencia
The Science Museum of the University of Navarra will present on Saturday the book «Women in Science»
- Navarra University
Activities at the Public University of Navarre
Women at the forefront of science and technology
International Day of Women in Science
- Emakumeak Zientzian
Make women scientists visible. Break stereotypes. Promote scientific vocations.
Basque Radio & Television
- Navarra Government
Expo Women in Art & Science
Euskadi – Navarra –
- International Day in Spain
pdf document to download
Our last news:
- Methodology developed to find natural solutions to beach rock falls
- “The Science, Technology and Innovation Plan seeks to turn the Basque Country into a European benchmark”
- ‘Gipuzkoa’ accesses the Boston-based MIT’s international network to assist with projects improving mobility
- A new global study finds cities are not taking advantage of the full potential of nature-based solutions
- IBM and Ikerbasque Partner to Launch Groundbreaking Quantum Computational Center
- “Living Lab” is launched in New Aquitaine with the aim of promoting innovation in health.
- “Cities are not using all the potential of nature-based solutions according to a new Basque study”.
- Robotekin takes its first steps
- In the Basque Country, the 37.2% of the sector of the R&D are women as well as the 59.6% of all the workers in the biotechnology sector
- Our ‘promoproject’ begins its path today: basque.SCIENCE
- How to detect if you have a future scientific at home?
- Maria Eugenia Martin, a Basque woman CEO and co-founder of ColorSensing
- Researchers of the UPV/ EHU have studied how psychedelic drugs could treat psychiatric disorders
- ‘Santa Agueda’, the Basque tradition that unites custom with science?
- The WebLearner group and the STEAM strategy
- A project called Minerva has been launched with the aim of developing materials destined to help deal with current social challenges and reduce the impact of industry on the environment
- Some researchers from the UPV/EHU attend the meeting of the CAREME network in Egypt, a research network dedicated to mitigating the adverse effects of antibiotics.
- Gender, Communication and Science session will take place in Bilbao
- Emakumeak Zientzian (Women in Science), 7th edition of the action for a more equal society
- El Banco Mundial celebrará la conferencia internacional anual Innovate 4 Climate 2023 en Bilbao (País Vasco)
- Basque researchers have created an artery in 3D dimension
- Strategic alliance between EVERIS and SATLANTIS
- Basque Country: Women at the forefront of science and technology
- CIC energiGUNE, one of the European reference centres in battery research and development